Peanut Butter Biscuits Recipe
Peanut Butter Biscuits
For added crunchiness, stir in 75 g peanuts,
coarsely chopped, with the peanut butter.
Ingredients : Makes 24
Bicarbonate of soda
Butter, at room temperature
Light brown sugar
Crunchy peanut butter
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate
of soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and
sugar together until light and fluffy.
- In a third bowl, mix the egg and
vanilla, then gradually beat into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the peanut butter and the
chopped peanuts, if using, and blend thoroughly. Stir in the dry
ingredients. Chill for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 180oC/350oF/Gas
4. Grease two baking sheets. Spoon out rounded teaspoonful of the dough
and roll into balls.
- Place the balls on the baking sheets
and press flat with a fork into circles about 6 cm in diameter, making a
criss-cross pattern. Bake in the oven until lightly colored, about 12-15
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
More Biscuits & Cookies Recipes