Figgy Bars Recipe
Ingredients : Makes 48
Finely chopped walnuts
Brandy or cognac
Icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180oC/350oF/Gas
4. Then line a 30 x 20 x 3 cm baking tin with greaseproof paper and
grease the paper.
- With a sharp knife, chop the figs
roughly. Set aside. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until well
- In another bowl, sift together the dry
ingredients, then fold into the egg mixture in several batches.
- Scrape the mixture into the baking tin
and bake until the top is firm and brown, about 35-40 minutes. It should
still be soft underneath.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5
minutes, then unmould and transfer to a sheet of greaseproof paper
lightly sprinkled with icing sugar.
- Cut into bars.
More Biscuits & Cookies Recipes