Chocolate Raspberry Macaroon Bars Recipe
Macaroon Bars Recipe
Ingredients : Makes 16-18
For the topping
Unsalted butter, softened
Unsweetened cocoa powder
Seedless raspberry preserve
Raspberry flavor liqueur
Milk chocolate chips
Finely ground almonds
- Preheat the oven to 160oC/325oF/Gas
3. Then line a 23 x 33 cm baking tin with foil and grease. Beat together
the butter, sugar, cocoa and salt until blended. Beat in the almond
essence and flour to make a crumbly dough.
- Turn the dough into the tin and smooth
the surface. Prick with a fork. Bake for 20 minutes until just set.
Remove from the oven and increase the temperature to 190oC/375oF/Gas
5. Combine the raspberry preserve and liqueur. Spread over the cooked
crust, then sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
- In a food processor fitted with a
metal blade, process the almonds, egg whites, salt, sugar and almond
essence. Pour over the jam layer, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until top is
golden and puffed. Cool in the tin for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the tin and cool
- Peel off the foil and cut into bars.
More Biscuits & Cookies Recipes