Chocolate Fruit Birthday Cake Recipe
Chocolate Fruit Birthday
Ingredients : Makes one 18cm square cake
Chocolate Madeira cake
Apricot jam, warmed and sieved
Chocolate fudge icing
Red, yellow, orange, green and purple food
Silver cake board
Medium gateau nozzle nylon piping bag
Yellow ribbon, 1cm wide
- Level the cake top and invert. Brush
with apricot jam
- Use two-thirds of the marzipan to
cover the cake. Reserve the trimmings.
- Place the cake on a wire rack over a
tray and pour three quarters of the chocolate fudge icing over,
spreading with a palette knife. Leave for 10 minutes, then place on the
- Using the reserved icing and a
medium-size gateau nozzle, pipe stars around the top edge and base of
the cake. Leave to set.
- Using the reserved marzipan, food
coloring, cloves and angelica strips, model a selection of fruits.
- Secure the ribbon around the sides of
the cake. Decorate the top with the marzipan fruits.
More Birthday Cakes Recipes